how much information does one need to identify with in order to believe they’re the subject of a craigslist missed connection? no idea. but for fun, i wrote up the most stupid posts i could think of. it was not difficult
then i waited. would anyone respond?
within minutes my inbox was filling up with all the dick pics i never wanted! plus a few actual responses.
some things to note before reading:
- you won’t see any of the dick pics i received, because that would be boring as hell
- i should have anticipated all of those dick pics, right? wrong, nobody should ever have to anticipate unsolicited dick pics
- ok now that i got the whole dick pics thing out of the way
- craigslist has a service which allows responders to communicate via an anonymous email address. while most people used this, a few did choose to respond with their real information—full names, phone numbers, oddly serious pictures of their faces, etc. you won’t find that here, either. well, ok i mean i blurred that shit out, anyway
- i wrote back to those who seemed to be responding genuinely, explaining what i was doing. despite keeping the descriptions in the posts vague, i felt unreasonably bad about having misled them? i don’t know. look i’m not interested in fishing for any cats
- look at this stuff!
was this a big stupid waste of my time? you bet it was. yell at me about it @tarashoe
Users who have LIKED this post: